Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
High Point Plaza, 4415 West Harrison Street, Suite 213, Hillside, IL 60162
High Point Plaza, 4415 West Harrison Street, Suite 213
Hillside, IL 60162



Enforcing Child Support Payments

 Posted on January 05, 2017 in Divorce


For many divorced parents, collecting unpaid child support is a problem. There are several steps that can be taken to collect unpaid child support, including intercepting the delinquent parent's tax refunds, attaching his or her wages, and seizing his or her bank account or other property.

A parent who owes child support usually will not be allowed by a court to get out of paying overdue amounts. However, he or she can ask a court to lower future payments.

Collecting unpaid child support can be difficult. Legal help can be obtained to use one of the above options for enforcing a child support payment or to learn about other options.

Share this post:
Illinois State Bar Association LAW QA Verified DuPage County Bar Association American Bar Association Alignable MH2018 AVVO Will County Bar Association bbb
Back to Top