Post-Decree Matters
Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C.
High Point Plaza, 4415 West Harrison Street, Suite 213, Hillside, IL 60162
High Point Plaza, 4415 West Harrison Street, Suite 213
Hillside, IL 60162



Oak Park Post-Decree Matters Attorney

oak park post decree enforcement lawyer

Lawyer for Divorce Modification and Enforcement in Maywood, Westchester, and La Grange

Finalizing a divorce is a major step in the lives of most people, but it is not always the end of the story. There are times when one party fails to comply with the terms and conditions of the final agreement. There are other times when circumstances change, and it becomes necessary to revisit and seek modifications to the original decree. When post-decree matters come up, it is important to have an experienced family law attorney by your side strongly advocating for your best interests.

At the Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C., we have over three decades of experience and a strong track record of success representing clients for post-decree matters and all other types of family legal issues in DuPage County, Cook County, and communities throughout the Chicago metro area. We are friendly, responsive and detail-oriented, and we go above and beyond to provide the highly-personalized customer service our clients deserve.

Common Post-Decree Matters in Illinois

There are numerous circumstances that can necessitate enforcement or a modification of the divorce decree. Some of the most common areas in which a post-decree modification may be necessary include:

  • Child Support: If the parent responsible for paying child support has a job loss, significant pay reduction or major medical issue, support payments may need to be modified. On the other hand, if support payments have been missed, an enforcement order may be obtained, which may include a garnishment of wages.
  • Spousal Support: Alimony or spousal maintenance payments may be increased or decreased based on the circumstances of the ex-spouses. Failure to make required spousal support payments may also be subject to enforcement.
  • Allocation of Parental Responsibilities (Child Custody): If work schedules of parents change or if one parent relocates out of the area, a new allocation of parental responsibilities agreement may be needed. The current agreement may also need to be enforced if one of the parents is violating it.
  • Division of Property: Illinois does not generally allow for a modification of property distribution. However, if there were assets that were not disclosed at the time of the divorce, a post-decree modification may be necessary to address this issue.

Contact Our Oak Park Divorce Lawyer Today

Post-decree matters can be difficult to pursue, especially when a significant amount of time has elapsed since the divorce was finalized. The Law Office of Vincent C. Machroli, P.C. understands the challenges and complexities involved in bringing these matters back before the court. We work closely with our clients to thoroughly understand the issues involved, and develop the most practical and effective path toward a favorable resolution. For a free consultation with our experienced Oak Park divorce attorney, contact our office today at 708-449-7404.

Illinois State Bar Association LAW QA Verified DuPage County Bar Association American Bar Association Alignable MH2018 AVVO Will County Bar Association bbb
Back to Top